This is one of my favorite foods to eat, especially during the summer months when it’s hot out and I don’t want to do much cooking or eat hot food.
- 1 pkg Rice flour wrappers
- 1/2 head Green or red leaf lettuce, washed
- 1 bunch Green onions, washed
- 1/2 bunch Cliantro, washed
- 1 bunch Mint leaves, washed
- 1 bunch Basil leaves, washed
- 1 qty Large carrot, washed
- 1/2 qty Hothouse cucumber, washed
- 1 qty Avocado
- 10-15 qty Baby bella mushrooms
- 1 tsp Olive oil for cooking mushrooms
- 1 bowl Warm water for dipping wrappers
- 2 tbsp Almond Butter
- 0.75 cup Coconut milk (can)
- 1 tbsp Tamari sauce
- 1 clove Garlic, peeled
- 1/2 piece Ginger root, peeled; or 1/2 tsp of ground ginger
- Protein: tofu, cooked shrimp, or cooked fish
- To make it spicy: add sliced jalapeño and/or sriracha
- Wash & slice mushrooms, & cook in a pan with olive oil (add salt & pepper if you like). While cooking mushrooms, begin to prep other ingredients:
- Use a couple plates for arranging items for rolls.
- Trim and cut green onions and cucumber so that they are about the length of 1 roll.
- Separate basil and mint leaves from stems.
- Trim bottom of cilantro stems, keeping the rest of it in tact.
- Placed washed lettuce on a plate. You can remove large stems if you don't like them.
- Shred carrots.
- Slice avocado.
- Get a large bowl and fill with warm water. This will be used for dipping the wrapper to soften it.
- Combine all ingredients in a Vitamix dressing container or other similar blender.
- Blend well.
- Serve in mini dipping sauce bowls or use a spoon to pour sauce onto roll before each tasty bite.
- Dip wrapper into warm water making sure to cover the surface area of the wrapper in water quickly and place on a spring roll wrapping plate. Do not soak. Wrappers can be delicate and break too easily if too wet. Using a special spring roll plate can make it easier to assemble and roll. Sometimes the wrapper sticks to a regular plate.
- Place lettuce on bottom towards the side of the wrapper closer to you, just off center.
- Add all other items on top of the lettuce.
- Roll it all up making sure it's nice and tight. Seal the ends by twisting or folding after you have rolled it up.
- Enjoy with dipping sauce.
The rolls taste best when prepared and eaten right away. Storing them overnight, the wrapper might start to tear or get hard.
I like to put sriracha on the roll before I take a bite. My husband likes to put it in his roll while he is assembling it. You can also add it to your dipping sauce when you blend it up.
I also love making this dipping sauce and using it for a salad dressing or for a veggie dip for carrot, celery, cucumber sticks, broccoli, cauliflower, etc.