One day I wanted to make chocolate chip cookies, so I looked at the recipe for “The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies” and thought I could make this recipe way healthier. So here it is. My family loves it! Does yours?
See notes below on vegan option.
- 1.5 cups Blanched almond flour
- 0.5 cup Almond Milk or Coconut Milk
- 0.25 cup Arrow root flour
- 0.25 cup Tapioca flour
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 0.5 tsp Salt
- 0.4 cup Dairy-free chocolate chips
- 0.5 cup Coconut oil, melted
- 2 qty Eggs
- 2 tbsp Brown sugar, or Maple syrup, or Honey
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix dry ingredients, except for sugar/sweetener and chocolate chips, in a bowl.
- In another bowl, combine melted coconut oil, eggs, sugar/sweetener, and vanilla extract and mix well with a fork.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and thoroughly combine.
- Add dairy-free chocolate chips and stir in.
- Using a small cookie dough scoop, scoop small balls of cookie dough onto a lined baking sheet, keeping enough space in between. I usually use a silicone liner.
- Using the palm of your clean hand, smash the ball down until it makes a diameter of about 1.75 inches. You should be able to fit about 25 cookies in a standard 11.5inX17in baking sheet.
- Place baking sheet in oven on top rack and bake for about 12 minutes.
- Let cool and enjoy! These don't last long in my house.
Note: A couple dairy-free brands of chocolate chips include Enjoy Life and Guittard. Just check the label. There are now many options.
To make this recipe vegan, simply replace the eggs with 1.5 tablespoons of ground flax seeds mixed with 3.5 tablespoons of water.