Adapted from a recipe shared by Heather Tapia
- 1 cup Quinoa
- 2 cups Water
- 3-4 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil plus more for drizzling
- 1 Lemon
- 1 tbsp Apple cider vinegar
- 1 Hot house cucumber, sliced and quartered
- 8-10 oz Grape tomatoes cut in half or quartered
- 1 Bell Pepper (any color), roughly choped
- 1 Red onion, chopped
- 1 cup Sliced kalamata olives
- 2 tbsp Chopped cilantro
- 2 Cloves of garlic, chopped fine
- 1 tsp Salt, or to taste
- 1/2 tsp Pepper, or to taste
- Other veggies like arugula or green onion - optional
- Rinse quinoa well. Place into a pot with a drizzle of olive oil and toast over medium high heat for 2 minutes
- Add 2 cups of water and bring to a boil. Boil for 2 minutes, then reduce heat to medium-low heat, stir, and cook for 5 minutes. Turn off heat, stir quinoa, and cover pot for about 20 minutes until fully cooked and fluffy. Let cool.
- Meanwhile, wash and cut cucumber, tomatoes, bell pepper, olives, red onion, cilantro, and garlic and place into a mixing bowl.
- Add quinoa, olive oil, zest from lemon, juice from lemon, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- Refrigerate. Serve cooled.
Share this Recipe