- 2 large Eggplants (Aubergines)
- 2 large Onions (you will caramelize these)
- 1 cup Organic Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp Organic Butter
- 1 1/2 tbsp Avocado oil
- 1 clove of Garlic
- 1/4 tsp Salt + more to sprinkle on onions or to taste
- 1/8 tsp Pepper + more to sprinkle on onions or to taste
- 1-2 cups Water
- First, start by prepping and beginning to caramelize onions. Heat a pan with butter.
- Remove ends and peel onions. ut in half, then into slices.
- Place into heated pan with butter and add some salt and pepper, about 1/8 tsp of each.
- Stir every few minutes for almost 1 hour, adding 1-2 tablespoons every 3- minutes to help scrape brown bits from the pan, and to prevent burning. Onions will be soft, brown, and sweet. While you are cooking the onions, you can work on the eggplant.
- Turn on oven to 375°F.
- Wash and trim eggplants. Cut in half lengthwise.
- Place onto a baking sheet cut side up and brush eggplant flesh with avocado oil.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Then turn around so that cut side is facing the bottom of the baking sheet and cook for another 20 minutes, or until all the flesh is soft.
- Remove from oven and let cool for about 5 minutes.
- Scoop out flesh and place into a food processor. Discard skin.
- Add garlic clove, greek yogurt, salt and pepper to food processor and process until smooth.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Add half of the caramelized onions and stir well. Add the remaining caramelized onions to the top.
- Serve with pita chips, sweet potato crackers, multigrain chips, or your favorite crackers. Enjoy!
Share this Recipe